Friday, April 15, 2011

If you're not ready- wait.

There is always a standard alloted amount of time used to give the customer time to decide what they'd like to eat. I always give my guest a few minutes and check back in on them to see if they're ready. Sometimes if they're not, it gets a little awkward having to come back and check time and again to see if you're THEN ready to order. Mainly because I don't want you to be annoyed by my visits but I ALSO don't want you to think I've forgotten about your table.

Nothing compares to the table however, that is NOT ready but insists that you stay there and wait for them to decide. When asked if they need a few more minutes they say, "No, I THINK we're ready." Then they sit and talk back and forth amongst each other about what they think they're going to order and whether or not they're ready and going back and forth between different meals.

It really isn't the biggest deal if we're dead and they are my only table for me to stand around for 5 minutes for them to decide, but when it's a busy Friday night and someone insists I stay at their table until they decide, it's a huge hassle. Tables are incredibly demanding especially on a Friday night and it's difficult to keep up most times without someone sucking the time out of my evening.

In short, your waiter or waitress WILL make sure that your order is taken if you aren't ready when first asked. So make sure you're ready before you ask them to spend time at your table. ESPECIALLY if the restaurant is busy, as you are NOT their only table.

No comments:

Post a Comment